REVISION OF PENSION OF PRE-2016 PENSIONERS / FAMILY PENSIONERS IN IMPLEMENTATION OF GOVERNMENT’S DECISION ON THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE 7th CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION-CONCORDANCE TABLES- REGARDING.
F. No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG. and Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated 6th July, 2017
Subject: Revision of pension of Pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners in implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission-Concordance tables- regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Department’s OM of even number dated 12.05.2017 on the above subject and to say that instructions were issued for revision of pension / family pension with effect from 01.01.2016 in respect of Central civil pensioners / family pensioners who retired/died prior to 01.01.2016 by notionally fixing their pay in the pay matrix recommended by the 7th Central Pay Commission in the level corresponding to the pay in the pay scale / pay band and grade pay at which they retired / died. It was provided that 50% of such notional pay shall be the revised pension and 30% of the notional pay shall be the revised family pension w.e.f. 01.01.2016.
2. It was also provided that the revision of pension will be done by notional pay fixation under each intervening Pay Commission based on the formula for revision of pay. Based on the fitment tables provided by the Department of Expenditure, concordance tables for fixation of notional pay and pension / family pension of employees who retired/died in various grades during the 4th, 5th and 6th Pay Commission periods have been prepared and the same are enclosed herewith. In the case of those employees who retired/died before 01.01.1986, these concordance tables may be used based on their notional pay as on 01.01.1986, which was fixed in accordance with this Department’s OM No. 45/86/97-P&PW(D)(iii) dated 10.02.1998.
3. Separate tables have been given in respect of pre- 01.01.2016 pensioners who retired in the Group ‘D’ pay scales corresponding to 6th CPC grade pay of Rs. 1300/-, Rs. 1400/-, Rs. 1600/- and Rs. 1650/- (Table No. 1 to Table No. 4) and for pensioners who retired during 6th CPC period after upgradation to the Grade pay of Rs. 1800/- (Table No. 5 to Table No. 8). The pension/family pension of such pensioners/family pensioners may be revised using the appropriate Table.
4. These concordance tables have been prepared to facilitate revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners by the concerned pension sanctioning authorities. Due care has been taken to prepare these concordance tables based on the fitment tables for fixation of pay from 4th to 5th, 5th to 6th and 6th to 7th Pay Commission. In case of any inconsistency in the concordance tables vis-a-vis the relevant rules/instructions, the notional pay and pension/family pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners may be fixed in accordance with the rules/instructions applicable for fixation of pay in the intervening Pay Commission periods.
5. It is requested that the pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners may be revised w.e.f. 01.01.2016 in accordance with the instructions contained in this Department’s OM of even no dated 12.05.2017 and using the concordance tables enclosed herewith.
6. This issues with the approval of Ministry of Finance ( Department of Expenditure ) vide their Diary No. 1(13)/EV/2017 dated 05.07.2017.