“ ON THE AUSPICIOUS OCCASION OF ONAM ”
PERIODIC REVIEW OF CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES FOR STRENGTHENING OF ADMINISTRATION UNDER FUNDAMENTAL RULE (FR) 56(J)/(I) AND RULE 48 OF CCS (PENSION) RULES, 1972 (CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THE ORDER) http://documents.doptcirculars.nic.in/D2/D02est/PremRetK1ZLE.PDF
MHA ORDER AND GUIDELINES FOR PHASED RE-OPENING (UNLOCK 4) DATED 29.8.2020 (CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW THE ORDER) HTTPS://WWW.MHA.GOV.IN/SITES/DEFAULT/FILES/MHAORDER_UNLOCK4_29082020.PDF
SB ORDER NO 31/2020 : PAYMENT OF THE AMOUNT OF NATIONAL (SMALL SAVINGS SCHEMES ACCOUNTS/ CERTIFICATES IN THE NAME OF DECEASED DEPOSITORS Download PDF ( 20 Pages )
TIME BOUND GRANT OF
SPECIAL INCENTIVES TO OUTSTANDING SPORTS PERSONS IN DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
Dated 24 .08.2020
All Heads of Postal Circles
Sub: Time bound grant of special incentives to outstanding sports persons- reg
This is regarding time bound grant of below mentioned special incentives to outstanding sports persons/officials:
a. Increment (Personal Pay): Reference is invited to DOPT letter No l4034 01/2013-Estt (D) dated 3rd Oct 2013, Para B (I). The grant of increment may be done at the earliest; suitably within same financial year.
b. Out of Turn Promotion: Reference is invited to DOPT letter No 14034/01/2013- Estt (D) dated 3. Oct 2013, Para C. Wherein, it has been stated that: -The entitlement of a sportsperson for out of turn promotion may be processed within a period of three months from the date of occurrence of event which entitles him/her for out of turn promotion. It will be responsibility of the concerned administrative Ministry/Department to consider a sportsperson for out of turn promotion within the prescribed time limit". Accordingly, such cases may be processed within 3 months as per guidelines.
c. Cash Awards: Reference is invited to this office letter no. 8-01/2014- WI&Sports dated 20.06.2017 (read with letter 11-8/87-WL&Sp dated 18.05.1993). In this regard, since sports fund is allotted annually and audit for the same is conducted at end of financial year, it is best suited that all necessary claims of cash awards may be settled within the same financial year. It would also help this office to make budget estimates for next year.
2. This issues with approval of competent authority.
REGARDING APPROVAL FOR TERMINATION OF WRONGLY MIGRATED POLICIES (Click the link below to view)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MEMBERS POSTAL SERVICES BOARD IN THE DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
(Click the link below to view) http://utilities.cept.gov.in/dop/pdfbind.ashx?id=4740
WAIVER OF RECOVERY OF WRONGFUL/EXCESS PAYMENTS MADE TO RETIRED GOVERNMENT SERVANTS – DOP&PW OM NO. 38/18/2018-P&PW (A) DATED 14.08.2020
No. 38/18/2018-P&PW (A)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3 Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003
Sub :- Waiver of recovery of wrongful/excess payments made to retired Government servants — regarding
The undersigned is directed to say that Hon’ble Supreme Court in the case of State of Punjab and Others Vs. Rafiq Masih (White Washer), etc. in C.A. No. 11527 of 2014 summarised a few situations wherein recoveries by the employers would be impermissible in law. One of these situations relates to recovery from retired employees or employees who are due to retire within one year of the order of recovery.
2. Based on the above judgment, Department of Personnel & Training has issued instructions vide their OM No. 18/03/2015-Esst. (Pay-l) dated 02.03.2016 that the issue of wrongful/excess payment made to Government servants may be dealt with in accordance with the decision of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in the above mentioned case. The instructions further provide that wherever the waiver of recovery in the situations mentioned in that OM is considered, the same may be allowed with the express approval of Department of Expenditure in terms of DoPT’s OM No. 18/26/2014-Estt (Pay-l) dated 06.02.2014.
3. In order to examine the matter in its entirety, all Ministries/ Departments and Pension Disbursing Banks are requested to provide the following information regarding excess payment of pension and other retirement benefits to the retired Government employees:
1. No. of retired employees from whom recovery of excess payment of pension and other retirement benefits has been made or is sought to be made by the Ministry/Department as well as its attached offices and subordinate offices.
2. No. of pensioners from whom recovery of excess payment of pension and other retirement benefits has been made or is sought to be made by the Pension Disbursing Bank.
3. Period of excess payment in each case and the date on which excess payment was noticed.
4. Amount of excess payment in each case.
5. Whether any court/CAT order has been received for waiver of recovery of excess payment in the light of the judgement of Hon’ble Supreme Court in Rafiq Masih’s case. If so, the details of such cases received in last three years (year-wise) and action taken on the order of court/CAT may be indicated
6. Whether any representation has been received for waiver of excess payment. If so the details of such representations received in last three years (year-wise) and action taken on the representations may be indicated.
4. All the Ministries/Departments are, therefore, requested to furnish the information sought in para 3 above to this Department by 15.09.2020 positively.
Under Secretary to the
Government of India
1. Secretaries of All Ministries / Departments of Government of India
2. CPPCs of all Pension Disbursing Banks
FACILITY FOR CENTRAL GOVERNMENT CIVIL PENSIONERS TO STORE ELECTRONIC PPO IN DIGI LOCKER (DATED 26/08/202 (Click the link below to view)
UNILATERAL AND ARBITRARY MERGER OF POSTAL STORE DEPOTS AND CIRCLE STAMP DEPOT
NFPE WRITES TO THE DEPARTMENT
No. PF-61/2019 Dated: 27th August-2020
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110 001
Sub: Unilateral and arbitrary merger of Postal Store Depots and Circle Stamp Depot.
Ref: Directorate No. 12-6/2016-UPE dated 25.08.2020.
All these PSDs and CSDs were formed to cater the needs of the Post Offices based on Geographical connections and decentralization was made in order to ensure quick supply of indents to the Post Offices. After merger it will adversely affect the efficiency in supply of Stamps/Stationery/Forms and other articles. It will also create problems in carrying the indents by mail and logistic to longer distance by incurring more expenditure.
The existing system has proved time tested and there is no need to modify.
The staff working in those PSDs and CSDs which have been merged to others will face difficulties in their posting and transfer. Their promotional avenues will also be disrupted.
Therefore, this type of merger will create so many problems and difficulties to staff as well as official functioning which will adversely affect the Postal Services at field level.
It is therefore, requested to kindly look into the matter and reconsider the decision of merger and closure of PSDs and CSDs which is also against the agreement between Administration and Union as it was agreed in the JCM Departmental Council Meeting held in July-2011 that no office will be closed or merged without consultation with union.
If the same practice continues, the unions will be compelled to launch agitational programmes.
Hoping for a positive action.
GUIDELINES ON SAFE OPHTHALMOLOGY PRACTICES IN COVID-19 SCENARIO
REVISION OF APPROVER LIMITS OF PROPOSALS & SETTLEMENT OF CLAIMS IN RESPECT OF PLI/RPLI
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEWE)
PROMOTION TO THE GRADE OF DIRECTOR GENERAL POSTAL SERVICES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF POSTS
(CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEWE)
NON GRANT OF TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE TO CENTRAL GOVT. EMPLOYEES IN CERTAIN DEPARTMENTS – REG
No. Confd./ Covid-19-2020 Dated: 23.08.2020
1. The Secretary,
Government of India,
Department of Personnel and Training,
North Block, New Delhi.11000
2. The Secretary,
Government of India,
Department of Expenditure,
Ministry of Finance, New Delhi-110001
Sub: Non grant of transport allowance to Central Govt. Employees in certain
Departments – reg
It has been brought to our notice by various affiliates that many departments have denied payment of transport allowance for April and May, 2020 on the specious ground that the concerned employees had not attended the office even for a day in those months. While we do not question their action, being in consonance with the extant instructions on the subject, their decision is certainly without appreciation of the ground reality.
As you are aware the entire country was under a lock down due to the pandemic as per the directive of the Honorable Prime Minister in the month of April and May, 2020. Except those organizations which had been specifically exempted from the operation of the directive being essential services, no office functioned during that period and the employees could not have attended the office. What is surprising is as to how the Departmental heads expect the employees to be present in the office during this period. The denial was, therefore, purely technical and without appreciation of the situation obtaining at the relevant point of time.
We, therefore, request you to kindly cause an order to be issued exempting the abiding of the specific condition of attendance of at least for a day for the month of April and May, 2020 as a special case and direct all the departments to grant the transport allowance to the employees who were actually prevented from attending the office by the Governmental directive.
Confederation of CGE& Workers