united trade union movement national protest convention of workers on 15-09-2014
- A meeting of the leaders of all central trade unions was held at INTUC headquarters, New Delhi on 7 August. Among those who participated in the deliberations included CITU general secretary Tapan Sen, MP, AITUC general secretary Gurudas Dasgupta, BMS general secretary Brijesh Upadhyaya, HMS general secretary Harbajan Singh Sidhu. The meeting was presided over by G.Sanjiva Reddy, president of INTUC.
- The Central Trade Unions strongly opposed FDI in insurance, defence and railways.
- The Central Trade Unions condemned the unilateral decision of Modi government to bring pro-employer labour law amendments; and Rajasthan state amendments of labour laws by Basundhara Raje government.
- The Central Trade Unions decided National Protest Convention of Workers in Delhi in early September 2014 to finalize country-wide action programmes; and more Rajasthan-centric militant united movement.
- The Central Trade Unions issued two joint statements.
National Protest Convention of Workers
Date : 15 Septemer 2014, Monday
Place : Constitution Club, New Delhi
Participants : National and State Leaders of Central Trade Unions and National Federations.
Mob: 09447068125e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org