WANT 3 ACP SCHEME OR REMAIN UNDER TBOP/BCR SCHEME?
STUDY BOTH AND CAST YOUR OPINION POLL VOTE
The Government has ordered three financial upgradations under the ACP Scheme for CG Employees. It has accepted the recommendation of the 6th Pay Commission for granting only the next Grade Pay Pay Scale for such financial upgradation. The upgradation to next pay scale with higher Grade Pay will be available on completion of 10, 20 and 30 years of completion of service.
At the time of implementation of 5th CPC recommendations, we opted to remain under TBOP/BCR Scheme itself and said NO to ACP Scheme. The main reason being that the LGO Promotees in PA/SA cadre will get only one financial upgradation to TBOP level on completion of 24 years of total service and thereafter no ACP will be available to them. This is because the ACP Scheme considers regular promotion by examination or otherwise is equal to one financial upgradation already got by the officials. Under TBOP/BCR Scheme though the promotion was delayed to 16 and 26 years instead of 12 and 24 under ACP Scheme, we preferred TBOP/BCR Scheme only for this reason.
Now we are in the background of Department / Government maintaining that TBOP/BCR are not promotions and only financial upgradations. We have only two upgradations therefore after 16 and 26 years. The option before us are as follows:
1. Remain under the TBOP/BCR Scheme only and try to improve the Scheme to get a third financial upgradation under this Scheme itself. This may be possible but there is no guarentee as to how long the issue would be dragged on and what would be the ultimate result. But this option is there for us to remain so and fight for third promotion or upgradation after some years of getting BCR. The years of grant of such promotions/upgradations is subject matter of negotiations and acceptance by the Government. But one basic thing is that the Government may not go beyond the level of benefit available under the ACP Scheme in spite of the fact that we have paid a price to get the TBOP/BCR Scheme.
2. Opt for Modified 3 ACP Scheme that will provide 3 financial upgradations to the next Grade Pay level after 10, 20 and 30 years of service. This Scheme will ensure 3 financial upgradations in the entire career for those who could not get their regular promotion including by Departmental Examinations. Since regular promotion by examination or otherwise is also counted as one upgradation under this Scheme, the LGO Promotees or other Promotees would get only two financial upgradations after their regular promotion.
3. Consider this fact that a direct recruited Postman without becoming a PA by Departmental examination but remains as a Postman only would get his First ACP to Grade Pay 2400/- after 10 years; 2nd upgradation to Grade Pay 2800/- after 20 years and to Grade Pay 4200/- on completion of 30 years. On the other hand a Postman who got his PA/SA Promotion by an Examination would thereafter go to 2nd Upgradation to Grade Pay 2800/- on completion of a total service of 20 years and to the same Grade Pay level of 4200/- after 30 eyars. Thus both the Promotees and others reach the same level under ACP Scheme.
3. All the direct recruits in a cadre will however get 3 upgradations. For example as in the case of Postmen, the PA direct recruitees will go to Grade Pay 2800/- after 10 years; to Grade Pay 4200/- in 20 years; and to Grade Pay 4600/- on completion of 30 years.
4. There are opinions and suggestions for improving the ACP Scheme itself by modifying the condition to the extent that regular promotion by examination or otherwise is discounted and promotees also are granted 3 ACPs after the promotion by examination. But this is not possible overnight. The issue may have to be taken up but the response of the government is not certain now. However the question of improving ACP Scheme is always there but the question now is whether we have to opt for 3 ACP Scheme or to remain in TBOP/BCR Scheme and try to improve the latter.
5. In sum and substance the question is are we to get into ACP Scheme and try improvement there OR remain under TBOP/BCR Scheme and try improvement here.
6. Which is more ADVANTAGEOUS?
7. ANALYSE THESE AND OTHER FACTS AND VOTE IN THE OPINION POLLS IN NFPE WEBSITE ON THE LEFT TOP - YOUR OPINION IS MUST BEFORE NFPE ANALYSE THE ISSUE IN ITS FEDERAL EXECUTIVE IN THIRUVANANTHAPURAM ON 22.09.2008.
Secretary General NFPE
Secretary General NFPE