MERGER OF POSTMASTER CADRE
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
1st Floor North Avenue Post Office Building, New Delhi-110 001
Phone: 011.23092771 e-mail: email@example.com
Mob: 9868819295/9810853981 website: http://www.nfpe.blogspot.com
Ref: PF/NFPE/Postmaster Cadre Dated – 28.02.2019
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, New Delhi – 110001
Sub: - Merger of Postmaster cadre – suggestions regarding.
Ref: - Your email dated 25.02.2019.
Apropos reference, we wish to place on record our thanks for considering our proposal for the merger of postmaster cadre with the general line. We wish to point out the following for your kind consideration before issuing the orders.
1. Before merger of postmaster cadre with the general line a time frame may be fixed to accord promotions in the PM Grade II, Grade III as per the relaxed service conditions to the cadre recently circulated. In many circles, this has not been implemented.
2. While fixing the interse seniority of the LSG cadre, the plight of the senior officials who have passed the FTP examination during 2003 & 2004 may be declared enbloc senior to the Postmaster cadre officials and their seniority can be fixed considering their qualifying in the LDCE as if postmaster cadre and the issue is pending since the abolition of the FTP LSG scheme. If it is considered the seniors LDCE qualified will be benefited. Since the date of qualifying the postmaster Grade I exam has been taken for the fixation of inter se seniority, the same and similar analogy may be applied in the case of FTP qualified officials also.
3. It was the commitment at the time of introduction of the Postmaster cadre that senior HSG I officials will be provided the post of 29 Senior Postmaster after fulfilling the required service in HSG I on the basis of seniority cum fitness. Simply brushing aside the commitment and coming out from the scheme is arbitrary. Furthermore the suggestion of the staff side to enhance the percentage of reservation in Group B examination to the general line officials to the extent of 19% as assured after the Fifth pay commission as well as at the time of introduction of 1/3rd direct recruitment in the IPOs cadre as the part of their cadre review in the department. At least as a onetime measure, the promotion to senior postmaster may be accorded to the eligible candidates in HSG I as on the date of merger of postmaster cadre with general line officials.
4. The recommendation of the committee to introduce LDCE examination for all the cadres of LSG, HSG II and HSG I is unacceptable. The existing method of seniority cum fitness promotion from LSG to HSG I should not be disturbed. In order to provide earlier promotional opportunities to the younger generation, we suggest to reintroduce the 20% LSG by conducting LDCE examination and thereafter all other promotions shall be based on the seniority cum fitness.
5. Even though the merger is taking place, the relaxation in the recruitment rules in case of HSG II & HSG I has not been accorded most of the higher posts will remain unfilled up. Therefore it is absolutely necessary to approach the nodal ministry to get the relaxation to the recruitment rules as one time measure and also the minimum residual period prescribed from LSG to HSG II and HSG II to HSG I should be fixed as three years as was in existence earlier.
6. In short we welcome the decision of the merger of postmaster cadre with general line and request to consider the above and in particular the grievances of the FTP qualified LSG officials who are deprived of their promotion since long which will be disturbed further after granting the inter se seniority as mentioned in the report .
A line in reply about the consideration is highly solicited
(R. N. Parashar)