NEWS IN BRIEF
1. Meeting with the Staff side on “IT Modernisation Project of Department of Posts” held on 30.11.2012. Ms. P. Gopinath, Member (Technology), Postal Services Board, made the presentation and clarified all the queries raised by the staff side. Secretary Generals of NFPE & FNPO and General Secretaries of all Unions/Associations attended the meeting. The presentation made by the Department is exhibited in the website.
2. Periodical meeting of Secretary, Department of Posts with NFPE & FNPO and its affiliated Unions/Associations was held on 30.11.2012. All notified items were discussed. Minutes will be published later.
3. Secretary, Department of Posts has informed that the next JCM Departmental Council meeting will be held during the last week of December 2012. New items for discussion will be submitted by the staff side shortly. It is also assured to hold a standing committee meeting of the JCM Departmental council under the Chairpersonship of Member (Personnel), Postal Services Board to discuss the pending items of the Departmental Council.
4. Federal Secretariat of NFPE met on 29.11.2012 and reviewed the campaign and preparations for the 12th December 2012 strike. Secretary General and all the General Secretaries of affiliated unions attended the meeting. A detailed review was conducted. It is observed that this time the percentage of the participation of employees in the strike will be an all time high. It is decided to continue the campaign intensively with more vigour in the remaining days and make the 12th December strike a grand success.
5. The Central Zone Study Camp of NFPE will be held on 19th and 20th January 2013 at Vidisha (Madhya Pradesh). The revised quota allotted to each circle union is published in the website. All Circle Secretaries are requested to ensure that delegates as per quota allotted participate in the camp. Up and down tickets may be booked immediately.
6. The 1st All India Conference of the newly formed GDS Union, AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) will be held at Chennai during the last week of March 2013.