SPLIT DUTY ALLOWANCE
Government of India
Ministry of Communication & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Parliament Street
New Delhi – 110001
Dated – 13.09.2010
Chief Postmaster General
General Managers (Training)
Director of Accounts (Posts)
Sub: Revision of Split Duty Allowance to Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ staff in Operative Officer.
I am directed to refer the order letter of even no. dated 19.02.2009.
2. The sanction of the Competent Authority was communicated for payment of Split Duty Allowance of 150 per month to the Group C and Group D employees of Department of Posts from 01.07.2005 to 30.06.2008 and for a further period from 01.07.2008 to 30.06.2011 subject to fulfillment of terms and conditions specified herewith.
3. The Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance vide OM No. 9(11)/2008-E.II (B) dated 29.11.2008 in Part-I, section of EST MO. 88 has accepted the accommodation of 6th Central Pay Commission wherein the rates of allowance applied to different Ministries / Departments / Organisations not covered in the report of Pay Commission has been proposed to be doubled.
4. The issue regarding doubling of the Split Duty Allowance paid to Group C and Group D staff of Department of Posts was under permission of the Department for quite some time. The case was taken up with Department of Expenditure Ministry of Finance in consultation with integrated Finance wing for revision of split Duty Allowance to Group C and D of Department of Posts.
5. The Department of Expenditure Ministry of Finance vide their ID No. 9(37)/2010-E.II dated 27.08.2010 approved the proposal to the Department of Posts for revision of Split Duty Allowance to Group C and D Staff from existing Rs.50 to Rs.100 per month.
6. The above revision will take effect from 01.07.2008 and will be in force upto 30.06.2011. The payment of Split Duty allowance in subject to the fulfillment of terms of conditions as already laid down.
7. This issues in consideration with integrated Finance Wing vide their diary No. 200/FA/ 6/9/2010 dt. 6.9.2010
(K. Rameshwer Rao)
Assistant Director General (Estt)