POSTAL DEPARTMENTAL COUNCIL JCM MEETS
AFTER FOUR YEARS
THUS THE ASSURANCE OF 12TH JULY STRIKE NEGOTIATIONS STANDS HONOURED
The first meeting of the reconstituted Postal Departmental Council was held today [27.08.2010] at 11.00 Hrs in the Committee Room of Dak Bhawan. The Secretary Department of Posts who is the Chairman of the JCM Departmental Council chaired the meeting. The Official Side was represented by the Postal Board Member Technology and Member Personnel and several DDGs and Directors.
The Staff Side was represented by the Staff Side Leader, Staff Side Secretary, Secretary General NFPE and FNPO, and other Members of Departmental Council.
135 items were in the agenda. Nearly up to 70 items were discussed in the meeting within the duration of the meeting. It was decided to hold another meeting within a very short duration to complete the remaining 65 items.
The Chairman in her introductory remarks welcomed the staff side members and requested the cooperation for the development of our services. She informed that the Cabinet has sanctioned a sum of Rupees 1800 crores for technological advancement of Postal Department including core banking and networking etc.
The Leader Staff Side thanked the Secretary for initiating the meetings of the Joint consultative Machinery and for taking speedy action on many issues as per the assurances of 12th July meeting. He pointed out the non-constitution of Regional Council JCM in some circles like Chhattisgarh and the non-holding of four monthly meetings in some circles and requested the intervention of the Secretary. The Chairman agreed to look into this matter. The Leader Staff Side also brought to the notice of the Chairman that despite the assurance on 12th July, the clarifications on implementation of MACP has not gone from Directorate especially on issues like liberalizing the benchmark conditions as well as the prevalence of several confusions in Circles on MACP Orders for of grant up gradation. The Chairman assured that a Committee headed by SPOs/SSPOs in each division may suo moto review of grading in the ACRs would be undertaken to facilitate grant of MACP to all except those who were punished under disciplinary proceedings. Orders for mitigating the grievances of the staff side in this regard will be issued by the Directorate. The Leader Staff Side also brought to the notice of the Chairman that in the Southern Region of Tamilnadu Circle wholesale closure of single handed post offices are ordered by the PMG,, even though Secretary Posts has already assured in the meeting of 12th July, 2010 that only relocation of offices would be resorted to and there will not be any closure. The Chairman assured positive intervention.
The Secretary Staff Side also thanked the Chairman for recommencement of JCM meetings and expressed his hope that this will continue and the periodicity of the JCM meetings would be maintained. He pointed out that the spirit of JCM is to maintain mutual consultations and therefore desired that the holding of regular meetings of JCM Departmental Council would be ensured.
Director SR, who is the Secretary of the JCM Departmental Council steered the discussions by taking up items one by one.
· The following items were discussed and the decisions and trends on those items are as follows:
1. Cadre Restructuring for all Non-Gazetted Group B&C Cadres:
A Joint Committee is already constituted on this issue to finalise within three months i.e., before November, 2010.
2. Creation of System Administrators Cadre &
3. Computation of proper norms for work allotment to existing System Administrators and grant of certain essential amenities.
This is already referred to the above Cadre Restructuring Committee. Chariman assured that this Committee will also discuss all the 15 issues pertaining to System Administrators raised by the Staff Side.
4. Grant of officiating pay with all consequential benefits for staff officiated in HSG-I vacancies.
Necessary orders extending the benefit to such officials will be issued shortly.
5. Filling up of residual vacancies.
All the Circle Heads have already been directed to take action to fill up residual vacancies immediately.
6. Imparting training to non-matriculate Group D promoted to Postman / Mailguard or PA/SA cadres after 1.1.2006.
The issue was referred to MOF on 20.05.2010. The MOF has clarified only for the Group D who either died or retired from service in between 1.1.2006 and 29.08.2008. The MOF also clarified that the handicapped officials would be imparted with a separate training course. The issue of Group D promoted to Postmen or PA is again being referred to MOF. The Staff Side pointed out that even proper fixation of Grade Pay has not been done to TBOP and BCR Group D officials. The Chairman directed for issue of proper clarificatory orders immediately.
7. Irregular mention of PB slab for certain categories of staff in the MACP orders issued by the DoP.
Further corrigendum on this issue is expected shortly from DOPT.
8. Restoration and improvement of in-cadre promotion to Postmen/Mailguard and Multi skilled Employees Cadre.
As this is part of cadre restructuring this will be discussed by the Cadre Restructuring Committee.
9. Enhancement of Double duty and Holiday duty allowance for Postmen.
A separate committee to discuss the issues of Postmen to be formed as per the decision of 12th July meeting will go into this issue also.
10. Replacement of night halt allowance to Mail Overseers with TA/DA.
This issue will be considered based on the submissions of staff side.
11. Extraction of Data entry work from Postmen and Multi Skilled Employees.
So far as the Multi Skilled Employees are concerned the DOPT orders would be followed and the data entry work will be removed. Official Side pointed out that since the higher scales were granted to Postmen, data entry work related to delivery work may be entrusted to Postmen.
12. Increasing the number of chances to appear for LGO examination and revision of LGO exam syllabus.
The Official side stated that syllabus revision with objective type is under way. Increasing the number of chances by two more attempts will be considered only for those employees who have already exhausted all six chances. However, this concession will not be extended to other officials who have not yet exhausted all chances.
13. Irregular computation of working hours for Postmen in field units.
Work norms for speed post have already been finalized on 5.2.2010 and orders issued.
14. Revival of Cash handling allowance for Postmen.
The Official side did not agree to this on the grounds that the Postmen are granted with higher pay by the 6th CPC. However, on insistence by the Staff Side, the Official Side agreed to discuss in the Committee for Postmen issues.
15. Removal of minimum cyclable distance for grant of cycle maintenance allowance to Postmen/MSE.
The discrimination between the GDS and the Postmen/MSE was pointed out by the Staff Side. The Official Side agreed to consider this issue.
16. Eligibility to appear LGO Examination.
Agreed to reduce from three to two years while finalizing the amended recruitment rules of PA/SA.
17. Counting of Special Allowance for pay fixation case of PO&RMS Accountants.
The Staff Side pointed out that this issue had already been sorted out in other organisations like Railways. The Official Side agreed to verify with Railways and once again refer this issue to Nodal Ministry.
18. Request for discontinuance of the practice of obtaining fidelity / security bond from the employees handling cash.
The issue is under examination.
19. Non-drawal of HRA to the officiating SPMs working at offices having attached quarters.
For arrangement up to 90 days instructions were issued on 30.07.2010. Above 90 days Heads of Circle will be addressed once again reminding them of their powers to suspend the quarters enabling the officials to draw their due HRA for the officiating period.
20. Protection of pay of defunct scale of PO&RMS Accountants who opted for general line under Directorate letter No.2-22/88-PE.I dated 01.12.92.
The decision taken in respect of Natha Singh [Punjab Circle] will be extended to all such officials. Copy of Directorate order in this regard has been supplied.
21. Enhancement of SB incentive to PAs working in Savings Bank Branches.
The proposal for enhancement of SB Allowance was sent to MOF on 2.3.2010. The MOF sought some querries on 26.03.2010. Information is pending from Circles like Jharkhand, M.P, Chhattisgarh and Rajasthan even after issue of four reminders. The reply will be sent at the earliest. Further the Official Side agreed to continue the SB Allowance in case of officials posted for successive tenures without insisting for another test.
22. Payment of honorarium / incentive for drawal of arrears on implementation of 6th CPC and GDS Committee.
Honorarium for 6th CPC was already issued. For drawal of GDS arrears, orders have been issued yesterday. The Staff Side insisted honorarium for pension related work. The Official Side agreed to finalize this shortly.
23. Stepping up of pay of senior official on par with juniors in case of anomaly arising out of fixation of pay on placement to TBOP / BCR scales clarifications.
The official side is not agreeable on the grounds that stepping up of pay does not apply in case of financial up gradations. However our demand for keeping the date of effect prospectively from the date of issue of orders only will be considered.
24. Revision of Cash Allowance to SPMs handling cash in the absence of Treasurers.
This was agreed to.
25. Anomaly in fixation of pay in respect of the officials promoted on 01.01.96 under BCR scheme.
The Chairman assured to reconsider their earlier decision based on the discussion made by the staff side.
26. Review of Short Duty Scheme introduced w.e.f. 14.08.2008.
Extending the hours of engagement of SDPAs is under examination.
27. Request to drop the confirmation examination.
This will be carried out at the time of finalization of Recruitment Rules which is under process
28. Enhancing the limit of cash to be remitted through leather cash bag [LCB] and Special Messenger.
This will be revised.
29. Arbitrary and forcible allotment of staff quarters.
Orders have already been issued not to force any official to occupy staff quarters in lieu of rent free accommodation attached with the PO. The case of Rajasthan will be addressed by the Directorate suitably.
30. Non-posting of women employees where basic amenities are not available.
Detailed instructions were given earlier on 29.04.1998. The staff side pointed out some cases in Tamilnadu Circle on which the Chairman directed to cause suitable instructions to not to post women employees in such offices.
31. Upward revision of conveyance allowance to PRI[P].
Agreed to grant TA/DA apart from Conveyance Allowance in case the PRI[P]s are deputed beyond 16 KMs for any purpose.
32. Non-supply of statement of balance to the officials brought under the New Pension Scheme 2004.
It was agreed to by the official side to issue such information to concerned officials about the quantum of recoveries made from officials and remitted to CRA [Central Regulatory Authority].
33. Conveyance of cash with Police escort – Problems thereon.
All Circles Head are empowered to engage armed guard or Ex-Servicemen based on requirements. Instructions will be reiterated. Providing for insurance to cash remittances other than through the LCB will be considered
34. Discontinuance of Medical facilities availed from Ispat General Hospital [IGH]Rourkela in Orissa Circle.
Chief PMG Orissa will be addressed to issue identity card to all Postal Employees for taking outdoor treatment without any prepayment.
35. Fixing work norms to RPLI Work at BOs/SOs – Request immediate orders.
The Official Side contended that providing work norms would result in cessation of incentive granted to GDS. The Staff Side pointed out that incentive is being granted while work norms exist in other areas for other staff, why this should be done. The staff side requested to work out work norms as recommended by Nataraja Murti Committee while continuing the grant of incentives. The Official Side agreed to consider this issue.
36. Fixing of uniform rate of incentive for computerized work in POs.
Heads of Circle are in a better position to assess the pending work and fix the incentive.
37. Officiating arrangement in Group B posts earmarked for General Line.
The Official Side did not agree to this proposal.
38. Introduction of new system of bag numbering.
Reports from 18 circles are received. The situation is under review.
39. Non-grant of Special Allowance to unqualified Accountants.
Orders will be reiterated for granting special allowance to unqualified Accountants. The staff side pointed out that since the MACP is only a financial up gradation without any change of status, the grant of special allowance to continue to all such officials. The Official side agreed to this.
40. Incentive Scheme for the Post Offices retailing mutual funds and Bonds along with funds for marketing & publicity and suggested strategies.
Pending incentive bills will be cleared.
41. Ensuring the standard of residential accommodation to the SPMs provided with attached quarters.
Orders will be reiterated.
42. Enhancement of financial powers of HSG-I, HSG-II and LSG Postmasters.
This is under examination.
43. Budgetary allotment for computer advance.
1.56 Crores has been approved under RE. Request for further allotment will be placed. A percentage of allotment will be fixed for Group C cadre.
44. Fixing norms / Time factors to PSDs, CSDs and Creation of establishment.
The Staff Side requested for creation and filling up of posts as per the standards fixed. The Official Side agreed to examine this.
45. More Bonus in respect of PLI Policies taken by the Departmental Employees.
The Official Side was not in favour of the demand. However after discussion, the Chairman agreed to consider the issue.
46. Payment of special allowance for the staff working on MPCMs.
To avoid recovery from a retrospective date, the Official Side agreed to issue suitable instructions.
47. Grant of Tribal Area Allowance to the employees serving in the tribal area of Igdapuri and other places of Nasik District.
The nodal ministries rejected the proposal sent by the DoP.
48. Grant of financial assistance & relaxation of rules in granting special disability leave to victims of terrorists / bomb blast.
Pending cases like Bhubaneshwar have been settled.
49. Grant of Road Mileage Allowance to the staff entrusted with the work of clearance of cheques.
This will be considered.
50. Unilateral decision to close down Foreign Post Offices.
No decision to close down foreign post offices have been taken.
51. Stop harassing staff on contributory factors for simple and flimsy reasons by misusing the provision of 'unbecoming of Government Servant' deviating the ruling contained in Volume III, FHB etc.
Instructions in this regard are being issued. The Staff Side insisted that the pending cases of TPF of Bhimavaram, PPF of Mysore, and other cases for speedy settlement.
52. Recovery of alleged over payment of pay and allowances to Postmen on account of fixation from the officials of accounts branches of HPOs.
The Staff Side pointed out that while the issue is still before the Court, no recovery shall be made from the staff of Accounts Branches. The Chairman agreed to stop recovery till the finalisation of court cses. This will apply to recovery of over payment of Bonus ceiling case for GDS also.
53. Enhancement of honorarium to RD premature cases.
Since the earlier order was made only in 1996 [and not 2006 as mentioned in the official side note] as pointed out by the Staff Side, the Official Side agreed to review the same.
54. Counting of Special Allowance for pay fixation - case of PO&RMS Accountants.
Since the TBOP/BCR is only considered as up gradation and not regular promotion, the Staff side insisted that counting of Special Allowance for fixation should have been continued. The Official Side will consider this aspect.
55. Drawal of Pay to senior BCR officials in HSG-I post as the pay scales of HSG-II and BCR is one and the same and settlement of earlier officiating cases of Tamilnadu, West Bengal and other circles as one time measure.
Officiating pay will be considered.
56. Tenure posting of officials in single and double handed post offices – request to withdraw the conditions.
Official Side agreed to amend the order to mitigate the grievance of staff.
57. Enhancement of honorarium for engaging the officials in departmental exminations.
The official side stated that honorarium is indeed very nominal and requires to be revised. A decision will be taken.
58. Restriction in posting of SPM due to minor penalties / CR entries.
The official side stated that the entire issue is under review and revised orders will be issued.
59. Allowing to appear in the Departmental Examination like IPOs – case of physically handicapped officials.
Allowing the handicapped officials to appear for Departmental examinations in IPOs [without any quota] will be favourably considered.
60. Fixed conveyance allowance to marketing executives.
A mechanism will be worked out to compensate the actual expenses incurred by the marketing executives on account of TA.
61. Revision of FSC.
It is in the final stage and orders will be issued shortly.
62. Enhancement of Split duty allowance.
Secretary [P] approved a proposal for referring the matter to Department of Expenditure, MOF for doubling the existing rates of split duty allowance.
63. Transfer of all HSG-I posts to General Line.
It will be addressed by amending the recruitment rules which are at present under consideration with DOPT.
64. Denial of ROHSC claim for emergent treatment due to non- circulation of Health Ministry OMs.
Agreed to circulate the two orders pointed out by the staff side.
65. Payment of honorarium to supervisors & staff of divisional offices for processing of PLI and RPLI proposals.
Agreed to grant incentive to PLI/RPLI proposals instead of treating it as honorarium.
66. Providing administrative power to grant leave to staff by HSG-I Postmasters.
This will be examined.
67. Grant of OTA/Excess duty allowance to the SPMs working in Single and Double handed offices.
This will be discussed further.
68. Counting the training period for benefits of promotion under TBOP/ BCR Scheme.
This will be recommended to DOPT.
69. Granting service benefits to erstwhile RTP candidates deputed to APS.
Orders have been issued.
70. Creating HSG-I posts in MMS.
Agreed to examine redeployment of HSG-I in MMS together with redeployment of HSG-II in Delhi RMS.
At this point, the meeting came to an end with the acceptance of the staff side request for fixing another date shortly for the JCM meeting to discuss the remaining items in the agenda. The Chairman agreed to convene the meeting at the earliest say within ten days.
· 71. Removal of eligibility ceiling of pay of Rs.6800 [Pre-revised] for performing OT duty.
The item was considered in the meeting of 12.07.2010.
· 72. Waival of Recovery of paid OTA.
The case will be taken with IFW for waiwal, on receipt of replies from Circles.
· 73. Removal of victimisation inflicted for refusal of OT Duty.
Instructions already issued on the subject have been reiterated to all concerned.
· 75.Utilisation of MMS for Long distance schedule.
Instructions have already been issued on 25.11.2008 for utilisation of MMS Vans for long distance schedules. Further instructions have been issued on 15.06.2010 to all Heads of Circles to make all out efforts to increase utilization of DMMS vehicles.
· 76. oHDiversion of MMS Vehicles.
Instructions have already been issued to all Heads of Circle on 30.07.2003; and 16.05.2006; and 29.08.2006 to not to divert MMS Vehicles as Inspection Vehicles.
· 81. Framing of new Recruitment Rules for the cadre of HSG-I.
It is under process.
· 82.Regarding regularisation of adhoc promotions made in the cadre of HSG-I.
This item was considered in the meting of 12.07.2010 and necessary follow up will be taken.
· 87.Change of Recruitment Rules ensuring parity in recruitment to the posts of Postmen and Mailguards in the Department of Posts.
The exercise to revise the Recruitment Rules is in progress.
· 89. Revision of OSA to RMS section staff.
This item was considered in the meeting of 12.07.2010 and necessary follow up will be taken.
· 90. Revision of OTA Rates.
Finance Ministry has constituted a Committee of Secretaries to examine the revision of OTA Rates. Decision pending.
· 91. Supply of Govt.Orders from all sections to Recognized Service Unions.
Agreed and copies of orders will be sent through electronic mails also.
· 92.Non-conduction of examination for filling up of vacant Mailguard Posts in several circles.
Hereafter all the examinations will be listed in the calendar to be issued by the DE Branch.
· 93.Recruitment in the cadre of erstwhile Group D upgraded as Multi Skilled Employees in the Department of Posts.
The draft recruitment rules have been referred to DOPT. Action to fill up the post will be taken as soon as the Recruitment Rules are notified.
· 95.Stopping further attempt of decentralization of Claim cases relating to PLI/RPLI and give due importance to the role of C.Os and R.Os and office of the DPLI Kolkata.
This item was considered in the meeting of 12.07.2010 and necessary follow up will be taken.
· 97. Creation of more LSG/HSG-II/HSG-I Posts for Circle Administration Officers including DPLI.
Issue will be considered by the Committee on Cadre Restructuring.
· 98. Huge shortage of staff in Circle Administrative Office in PACO Cadre.
Orders issued for recruitment of vacancies up to 2010.
· 99.Future of Director PLI Office Kolkata.
CGM [PLI] had expressed his view in the meeting held with the AIPAOEU Group C and D on 28.08.2009 that Office of DPLI will play more important role in the changed environment.
· 101.Implementation of recommendations of 5th CPC with regard to payment of cash handling allowance to treasurers and Assistant Treasurers in Post Offices.
The proposal sent to MOF for payment of Special Allowance to the Treasurers working in POs on par with Cashiers in Administrative Offices was received back with a request for resubmitting with detailed justification and concurrence of Integrated Finance Wing. The proposal is now submitted to IFW for their examination and scrutiny. On their concurrence the file will be once again sent to Department of Expenditure for approval.
· 102.Withdrawal of orders fixing responsibility on DDOs and APM Accounts and Accountants for the overpayment of Pay and allowances to Postmen on account of fixation under Revised pay rules after 5th CPC.
[See Reply to item 52 above]
· 103.Relaxing minimum qualifying service of 3 years for HSG-II promotions.
This item was considered in the meeting of 12.07.2010 and necessary follow up will be taken by Staff/Estt Divisions.
· 104.Allotment of separate code to all officials including GDS for procuring RPLI business and payment of incentive on the spot.
Separate code for entire RPLI sales force including GDS employees have now been created in the software by NIC as per advice of PLI Directorate.
· 105.Removal of ceiling of 60 Hours for engaging pensioners as SDPAs.
[See Reply to Item No.26 above]
· 107.Payment of OSA and other benefits to MMS staff on par with RMS staff.
This item was considered in the meeting of 12.07.2010 and necessary follow up action is being taken.
· 108.Providing adequate man power in all RMS Units.
Orders issued for filling up vacancies up to 2010.
· 111.ACP Scheme to wiremen and electrical staff.
ACP Orders are applicable to above categories of staff also.
· 112. Streamlining the work of Cash Certificates and causing uniform work procedure.
An uniform adhoc norms have already been fixed in respect of issue posting work as well as discharge posting work in CC section of all the Postal Accounts Offices. The existing norms which are followed by DEOs are 1050 entries for Issue Posting work and 875 items for Discharge Posting Work. However, the fixation of norms in respect of Issue and Discharge Posting work for the DEO of PAOs is under process.
· 114.Cause full-fledged functioning of newly opened PAOs.
PAO Ranchi and Dehradun have yet to be started to function for want of accommodation in the respective circles. Regarding PAO Raipur instructions have already been issued to call for the volunteers to fill up the vacancies from parent and other PAOs. As per instructions contained in DOP&T O.M. No.2/8/2001-PIC dated 9.4.2009, it has been decided not to extend the validity of optimization scheme beyond 31.03.2009. Accordingly all the PAOs have alrelady been instructed to initiate the process of filling up of vacancies.
· 115.Extending/expanding modernization of PAOs.
This has started already.
· 117.Relax minimum qualifying service for HSG II Promotion.
This item was considered in the meeting of 12.07.2010. Necessary follow up action is being taken.
· 122.Irregular objections raised by ICIR in the date of increment and ordering recoveries.
Clarificatory orders have already been issued.
· 123.Fill up all vacancies including backlog vacancies in all cadres.
· 127.Ensure speedy verification of caste.
DOPT has issued orders that persons belonging to the Helba Kushti/Kushti caste who got appointments against vacancies reserved for ST on the basis of ST certificate relating to State of Maharashtra and where applicants have become final on or before 28.11.2000 shall not be affected. However, they shall not get the benefit of reservation after 28.11.2000. Copy has been endorsed to Chief PMG Maharashtra.
· 129.Upgraded Group D and Sorter Cadres.
The item was taken up in the meeting of 12.07.2010 and being considered by PA Wing.
· 135.Allowing Lift Operators to sit the LGO Examination.
It would be reviewed while amending the Recruitment Rules of PA/SA.
Secretary General NFPE