The first Federal Executive of NFPE is held on 1.12.2007 in the NFPE Office under the presidentship of NFPE President Comrade D.K.Rahate.
The following important decisions were taken in the meeting:
- The Department of Posts is yet to implement many of its commitments held out in the gist of negotiations during April 2007. The going back on its assurance on formation of a Judicial Committee for GDS; the intention of the Department to go ahead with more and more Franchisee outlets as per its 11 th Plan Document; the delay being caused in recognizing the Federations; the continued applicability of Screening Committee; the going back on its word to regularize RRR candidates; the non-absorption of full time and part time Casual Labourers; the delay in filling up residual vacancies in many circles; the delay in granting notional promotions to LSG in many circles etc are causing great concern. Therefore a serious agitational programme culminating in indefinite strike has become necessary. The exact nature of programme and the dates on which the programme and the strike action shall take place will be decided in consultation with the FNPO in the All India Postal JCA. A Comprehensive Charter of Demands including an Annexure containing union wise sectional issues will be prepared for the above programme of action.
2. The Pay Commission is expected to submit its recommendations at any time before February 2008. The Federal Executive of NFPE has decided that at any cost a struggle through Confederation and JCM Steering Committee will become unavoidable if the minimum of Group D pay scale goes below 8000/-. Similarly on bonus ceiling as a follow up of the debate in Parliament when Honourable Members of Parliament Com.Rajendran Quilon MP and Shri.Kuppusamy North Chennai MP raised the issue on our behalf and the Hon'ble Labour Minister Oscar Fernandez replied "I will go into each and every point that they have raised and we will try to find solutions to the problems being faced by workers in our country. With these words, I commend to the House that the Bill may be passed." However we have to chalk out a programme of action in the Confederation National Executive on 9th December 2007 at Bangalore if the Government is going to dilly-dally the issue further.
- In order to galvanize the whole movement – to educate the leaders at divisional and branch level on issues like organising a joint struggle on postal issues; organising a common movement if Pay Commission denies justified scale of pay and other benefits; tasks connected with the next membership verification programme that may come up next April 2008; strengthening the finance of NFPE etc the Federal Executive of NFPE has decided to call upon the Circle Secretaries of NFPE Unions in all circles to hold a joint state level convention of Circle Office Bearers and Divisional and Branch Secretaries of all affiliated Unions/Associations of NFPE and also with GDS Union in each circle between January and March next year as per the time table the Federal Secretariat will suggest.
- As part of organisational measure the Federal Executive of NFPE also decided to form as well as re-organise the Circle Postal Co-Coordinating Committees under the new by-laws to be finalized by the Federal Secretariat soon . The importance of C-O-C is that it can only play the role of a unifier and organizer of successful movement. It was decided that the Circle Secretaries and Circle Presidents of all affiliated Circle Unions/Associations of NFPE and also the GDS Union shall be the members of the re-organised Postal C-O-C. The members of the C-O-C will elect the Office Bearers of the C-O-C viz the President, Convener and the Treasurer during the state level convention mentioned above.
- The Federal Executive noted that FNPO some other Unions submitted Memorandum to Nataraja Murti Committee and that the AIPEDEU GDS Union also directed all members to submit memorandum to Nataraja Murti Committee through the SSPOs after holding demonstrations etc. The Federal Executive of NFPE unanimously decided that the detailed Memorandum on GDS issues already prepared by the NFPE should be submitted to the VI Pay Commission along with our observations as to why we are submitting it to the Sixth Pay Commission.
- The Federal Executive of NFPE noted with concern that despite the earnest efforts taken by the Secretary General and the General Secretary P3, the General Secretary of GDS Union continue to publish anti-NFPE write ups in the union journal. The Executive endorsed the Secretary General's presentation that the GDS Union should create a conducive atmosphere for unity by withdrawing its letter of objection submitted to the Secretary [P] over the outcome of the 7th Federal Council and take out the NFPE from the list of respondents from all its pending court cases.
- A detailed circular on the decisions of the Federal Executive of NFPE will be circulated shortly through a circular.
Secretary General NFPE