FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS ABOUT CGHS
(FAQs on CGHS are intended to provide general information and guidance needed for the CGHS beneficiaries to avail CGHS facilities The contents must be read in conjunction with OMs / Office orders as issued from time to time. The contents are not intended to be applicable to specific /exceptional cases and no such claims may be made under it. Whenever any difference in interpretation of meaning and/or content of the facts stated here vis-à-vis the original OM/office order arises, the latter will be treated as final and binding).
1. Who are entitled for CGHS facilities?
1. All Central Govt. employees and their dependent family members residing in CGHS covered areas.
2. Central Govt Pensioners and their eligible family members getting pension from Central Civil Estimates
3. Sitting and Ex-Members of Parliament
4. Ex-Governors & Lieutenant Governors,
5. Freedom Fighters
6. Ex-Vice Presidents
7. Sitting and Ex-Judges of Supreme Court & High Courts
8.Employees and pensioners of certain autonomous organizations in Delhi
9.Journalists (in Delhi) accredited with PIB (for OPD & at RML Hospital)
10. Delhi Police Personnel in Delhi only
11. Railway Board employees
12. Post and Telegraph Deptt. employees
2. What are the facilities available under CGHS
1. OPD Treatment including issue of medicines.
2. Specialist Consultation at Polyclinic/Govt. Hospitals.
3. Indoor Treatment at Government and Empanelled Hospitals.
4. Investigations at Government and Empanelled Diagnostic centers.
5. Cashless facility available for treatment in empanelled hospitals and diagnostic centers for Pensioners and other identified beneficiaries.
6. Reimbursement of expenses for treatment availed in Govt. / Private Hospitals under emergency.
7. Reimbursement of expenses incurred for purchase of hearing aids, artificial limbs, appliances etc. as specified.
8. Family Welfare, Maternity and Child Health Services.
9. Medical consultation and dispensing of medicines in Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani and Siddha system of medicines (AYUSH)