POSTAL JOINT COUNCIL OF ACTION
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF POSTAL EMPLOYEES
FEDERATION OF NATIONAL POSTAL ORGANISATIONS
ALL INDIA POSTAL EXTRA DEPARTMENTAL EMPLOYEES
NATIONAL UNION OF GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS
NEW DELHI – 110001
DISCUSSION WITH POSTAL BOARD AGAIN FAILED
DEPARTMENT ADAMANT ON IMPLEMENTING McKINSEY RECOMMENDATIONS
CENTRAL JCA DECIDES TO GO AHEAD WITH THE STRIKE
The third round of discussion held with the Postal Board today (27.06.2011) at 3 PM also failed due to the adamant position taken by the Department. Ms. Radhika Doraiswamy, Secretary, Department of Posts, Sri. P. K. Giopinath, Member (Personnel), Mrs. Manjula Parashar, Member (Operations), Sri. Kamaleshwar Prasad, Member (HR) and other Senior Officers were present. Staff side was represented by Secretary Generals, NFPE, FNPO and other General Secretaries.
Immediately on commencement of the meeting the Staff Side expressed its strong resentment and protest against the decision of the Department to go ahead with the Mckinsey recommendations regarding Mail Network Optimisation Project. The Staff side demanded that the aleady failed experiment of speed post hubs should be withdrawn immediately and the decision to implement first class mails hubs and delivery hubs and closure/merger of offices should be dropped. After heated discussion for about two hours no consensus could be arrived on this important agenda of the Charter of Demands. Hence meeting ended with disagreement.
The Central JCA met after the discussion with Postal Board and took the following decisions: -
1. The JCA unanimously decided to go ahead with the strike decision.
2. Campaign and preparations at grass root level for the strike should be further intensified.
3. The indefinite strike shall commence at 6 AM on 05.07.2011
4. 100% strike should be ensured in all Branches/Divisions and Circles.
5. Strike shall not be withdrawn unless and until result – oriented settlement is reached on important items of Charter of Demands.